HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Butternut Squash (Stage One)

I personally have never eaten or cooked squash so I had no idea what to expect. We opted for butternut for no particular reason. I was most familiar with the look of it so it made sense.

Directions:
1. Cut squash in half (I actually needed Paul to do this because it was too hard for me)
2. Scoop out all of the seeds
3. Place halves cut side down in a dish & add an inch or so of water
4. Bake 40-60 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Remove from pan, let cool and scrape meat off of the skins.
6. Puree
7. Add cooking water to thin.

I needed to add about 6oz of formula to thin out the puree and even then it was still a bit on the thick side. I left it alone for storing and will add more liquid when time to serve.

I butternut gave me 30 one ounce servings.

1 comment:

  1. Hey There! I didn't want to read and run. Just wanted to thank you for sharing your super easy instructions/tips on making baby food. We're now starting over here and I've bookmarked and referenced your instructions and it's helped make it much less daunting. Turns out, it really is pretty easy. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete