HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Produce Co-Op

Paul and I have tossed around the idea of joining a co-op for a few years but the opportunity never presented itself quite right. Then a few weeks ago our daycare sent out an email asking if families wanted to participate in Suburban Organics Produce delivery (http://suburbanorganics.com/).

They offered a discount if enough families enrolled and they deliver directly to the daycare every Tuesday. It was perfect. We drop off a cooler & they drop off our food.

We decided to do it for a number of reasons. One, it's not very expensive. Two, I suck at picking produce; this allows me not to think about it or mess it up. Finally & most importantly it's all organic. Since so far I've made all of Riley's food this was super important to us. For an added bonus, I don't have to think about dinner or stop at the store on my way home. Dinner is built around whatever is delivered.

We were able to chose our box size and pick delivery every 2 weeks. We chose a small box, which is perfect for a family of 2. Here is what we got I our first delivery...

5 bananas
1 sweet potato
1 beet
1 kiwi
2 apples
2 pears
Baby carrots
Radishes
Collard greens
Green leaf lettuce
Acorn squash
Cherry tomatoes

I'm excited to see what comes in this weeks delivery. We are trying the auto selection for now but once we get the hang of everything we will make substitutions for whatever we want or Riley is running low on.

1 comment: