HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

26 Weeks





No bump pic but look at us ringing in 2011. It's 12:30 AM and not only am I awake but I appear quite chipper!

A little over a week until we are in 3rd tri! I cannot believe it. Time is just flying by. Honestly it can go a little faster too. I am at a point where the fear of labor and delivery and being home with Squish isn't making me light headed and giving me the shakes. I am fully confident in Paul and my abilities and I'm ready to meet this little chickadee.

I expect this confidence to last approximately 6 or so more weeks. Then I fully expect to be a frightful puddle of useless jello at the thought of L&D and motherhood. Right now I've convinced myself that it can't be that bad otherwise women wouldn't do it again, right? Right!? RIGHT!

Anyways, we've got our nursery all set up and ready to go.













I'm pretty sure more than half of her wardrobe is Steelers. She even has a cheer leader outfit. She has so much storage and space I don't even know where to begin organizing. I feel like she's going to have a million empty drawers. I'm sure I will find a way to fill them though!

I had the 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test yesterday. It sucked. I eat relatively early and regularly so to fast the night before and then to drink Glucola then to fast for another 3 hrs while they suck your veins dry was hard. The first hour was a battle to keep it down. I was not going to puke and have to redo it all. Hours 2 & 3 were boring as hell and I was super whiney and jittery. I'm glad it's done and now we are waiting patiently for the results. Hopefully today!

The Braxton Hicks contractions have really kicked up and I notice them at least every hour. It had been sporadic and not even everyday. They don't hurt, just interesting. Last night it was every few minutes for about 45 minutes and I'll admit I got a bit freaked out. They weren't consistent and didn't get intense but it was the first time I could count the minutes between them and their duration.

All in all I feel great and have no complaints. I'm so super stoked to order all the newborn diapers today!! She's gonna have the cutest bum around!


No comments:

Post a Comment