HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Banana (Stage One)

By far the easiest baby food in the world to make. My little monkey face thinks they are just the greatest things in the entire world!

I sliced one bushel (7) of bananas into my food processor and wizzed away.

Bananas get pretty liquid when pureed so I added about a cup of Gerber Oatmeal, which helped thicken it up. I add about 2tbls to 3oz when serving as well.

They will turn brown very shortly after pureeing. There is nothing wrong with that. You can add a drop of lemon juice to prevent this. I opted not TP because my pediatrician said no citrus. The drop or two should not cause a reaction but we opted to skip this step.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting your experience w/baby food making. We're still a couple of months away from having a go at the baby food making ourselves. When I read these posts, I feel like it's possibly easier than I had feared, which is very encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete