HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

5 Month Letter

THEN...




NOW...




Dear Riley,
I cannot believe you just turned 5 months old! I don't know where the last 20+ weeks have gone. You are getting so big and independent. You love to look around at the world and be busy. Bottle time is fun because you are just too interested in your surroundings to eat. Drives me nuts but I love the look of wonder in your eyes.

You love to be on the floor. You roll everywhere and you're starting to recognize that rolling is a good mode of transportation. You get up on those knees and push yourself around. It's only a matter of time before you figure out the crawl.

You sit well but still need a bit of support. Your stuffy toys no longer hold your interest, you are so above that! We just went out and bought you some fun noise making machines.

You talk, talk, talk. Daddy said he's glad we can get unlimited minutes because your mouth is always going. You yell at us and honestly we don't move any faster when you do, it's so darn cute. You blow raspberries when you're angry and again too darn cute for us to really rush to fix your problem.

We started solids a few weeks ago and you love them. You down peas just as fast as you gobble bananas. Your hands are always in your mouth so we get messy but it's ok, you have fun and dinner shouldn't be stressful.

You are wearing 9 month clothing. You weigh a bit over 17lbs and are 27 inches long (if not more). You are gorgeous and loving and perfect in way too many ways.

I can't even describe my love for you. I don't think I could love you anymore but tomorrows a new day so we will see. Every morning you smile up at me from your crib just as happy as can be and my heart bursts. Your momma is not a weepy person but there is something about you that can bring me to tears in seconds. Your smile, your toes, the sound of your laugh brings tears to my eyes. I can't believe you are ours.

I do anything to hear your laugh. It doesn't matter how stupid it makes me look or sound. Things get old for you real fast so we are always switching up the comedy routine.

Riley, you amaze us everyday. Weepy momma is crying as I write this. I want to put it into words but it's hard. There really are no words I guess. I can't get to you fast enough when we are apart. You are on my mind every second of everyday. The entire world falls away when you are in my arms. I want to slow you down and hold onto you forever but at the same time I want to see you grow.

I cannot wait to see what the world has in store for you. Or more likely what you have for the world. These last 5 months have been the most amazing time ever. I love you more than I could even begin to say.

Love,
Yo Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment