HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

25 Weeks





According to the books the ute is the size of a volleyball, babe is 13+ inches and 1.5+ pounds. About the weight of the average rutabaga. I think they could have chosen a much kinder veggie.

Week 25. Only 15 +/- to go!! Baby girl is ACTIVE it's comical to watch my belly move and groove at night. Paul finds it hilarious that I sit there watching my stomach. I'm still getting used to it! It's all so fascinating and new.

I would just like to note that I'm not that big. According to the OB shes on the larger side but still falls into the perfectly normal range. I am not further along than what we all think. Its medically IMPOSSIBLE for me to be further along. I don't think people realize just how closely we were monitored in the beginning.

A biology refresher, you cannot get pregnant before ovulation. Ovulation occurs ONE day and an egg can only live 24 hrs, if fertilization occurs the embryo can possibly implant 7-10 days later. I was monitored and ovulated on cycle day 35. 9 days later (cycle day 44) ultrasound confirmed ovulation had occurred but there was no pregnancy. 3 days later (12 days after ovulation or cycle day 47) pregnancy was confirmed via home pregnancy test. I was then seen every week for ultrasounds and blood tests. It's as accurate as it's going to get. Of course she could be early or late but April 12 is 40 weeks to the day.

Going by last menstrual period (LMP) yes my due date would be early/middle March. Unfortunately my body and I are two peas in a pod and like to procrastinate. Many of you can go by LMP because you have cute little 28-30 day cycles and ovulate between days 12-16. I cannot, as you CANNOT be pregnant before ovulation and I had an adorable 45+day cycle and don't ovulate until day 35. So there!

I've been noticing some Braxton Hicks contractions over the last few days. Their fun. No pain just weird. My whole mid-section seizes up and gets rock hard. I poke it, it amuses me.

I think we also felt hiccups for the first time on Sunday night.

It still amazes me how much changes in a week and how fast the weeks are flying by. January is a whirlwind of activity for us with showers and classes. Is it weird that I'm super stoked for our birthing class? It's only a few weeks away and I can't wait!







No comments:

Post a Comment