HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Comeback Sauce

Sooo I've been cooking again. I'm on week 3 of menu planning & it's going fabulous. You know, when I remember to put the meal in the crockpot. Clearly tonight's dinner is going to be different than planned.

Anyways, my new absolute must have condiment is this so-called Comeback Sauce. It knocks ketchup & mayo out of the ball park. Now since I said ketchup and mayo I cannot get the McNugget song out of my head. Dip it in that bar-b-q sauce McNuggets McNuggets, what?

No? Ok. This sauce is fab on everything. Steak, chicken, fries, onion rings, poppers, anything! I even put it on my brisket BBQ taco last night. It was heavenly.

I make it and keep it in a sealed container just like any other condiment it keeps just as long as mayo or ketchup as well. The first batch lasted about 4 days in our house. It's good.

Ingredients
1 C Mayonnaise
1/4 C Ketchup
1/4 C Chili Sauce
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (I use more like a Tbls)
1 tsp Black pepper
1 Tbls Franks Hot Sauce (or more, I use a good bit)
1/4 C Olive Oil
Juice of one lemon

Whisk it all together and let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment