HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

12 Month Letter

Dear Riley,
I don't even know where to begin. I couldn't even type "dear Riley" without my eyes filling with tears. I've been trying to write this for two week and I just can't put into words what this last year has been like.

I cannot even begin to describe the amount of beauty and joy you bring to this world. Your excitment and curiosity is so genuine that I actually get excited to see your face in the morning (after 6:30 of course). You have kept your calm personality since the day you were born. Do you cry? Umm I can't really remember the last time. Honestly. You get a little angry when you are forced to endure a diaper change but a little music & that's fixed.

You do this whine thing when you want something or aren't getting exactly what you want. I gotta be honest girlfriend, it is not the most pleasant sound you make. I'll take it over screaming or crying though. Over the last month your ability to communicate has increased immensly and it's helped a lot.

In the last month you...
Started walking
Say dog, hi, mom, dad, what we think is woof & awww (when you hug)
Can find balls, socks & Mickey in books
Grr like a lion & clench your hand like a swiping lion paw (hilarious)
When we ask you questions & the answer is "ME" you will point to yourself
Climb, we have to be very careful about the placement of some toys and household items. If you can get your knee on it you can climb it.
You take our hands/fingers & push buttons or turn pages. It's cute, like you are teaching us.
Touch and feel books are your favorite.
The baby doll and stroller are your favorite toys. We go few places without that doll these days. The stroller is cute, you put her in (usually upside down) push her across the room, walk around to the front play with her eyes or a toy on the stroller then walk around and push her back. By God its one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
You cover your face with your hands to do peek a boo & will use our hands to cover our faces too.

Your favorite activity is painting

Your favorite food is green veggie (brussel sprouts & broccoli)

You still take 2 naps a day. Typically 1.5 hours each, except at daycare where you take one two hour nap.

Your are 23lb and 32 inches.

Everyday is so new and exciting for you. It amazes me how quickly you pick up all your little tricks. I have a hard time believing that the tiny little thing I held a year ago is the walking talking tow head tearing apart our house.

There isn't a single day out of this last year that I would trade. From the middle of the night feedings to the little shows of defiance you display everything you do can make me smile at some point. You have brought nothing but happiness to our lives and I cannot wait to see what year two has in store for us!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment