HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

4 Weeks

March 12, 2012

5 days after we had our first blood test we went in for a second. For those who have never had betas done its a measure of the amount of HCG in your blood. The number itself doesn't matter too much as the range of acceptable levels is pretty wide. What you are concerned with is the rate the number doubles. If it doesn't double within 48-72 hours they sometimes begin to worry about viability.

I was a mess. Convinced something was wrong, it was very hard for me to think that I was actually pregnant, that Riley was going to be a big sister come November. What if I lost this baby too? What if the progesterone supplements weren't enough? I had never dropped below 10 before. Paul, forever the optimist had all the hope in the world. We didn't talk about it though.

Later that afternoon they called with our new numbers beta was 204, which meant its doubling time was 32 hours, PERFECT! The progesterone supplements had also gotten me up to 22.2.

They scheduled us for another appointment that week to make sure everything was still on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment