HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

9 Weeks

April 18, 2012

A generally pointless appointment. When you have your first OB they ask you the last day of your menses, take a pee pregancy test & do an ultrasound to date you. At least that's what they do at mine. All so very redundant for someones who's had 5-6 appointments already. I really wish an OB/GYN office would understand that not everyone gets pregnant & has the same beginning as others. If they did I could skip all the confirmation stuff & have my meeting with the intake nurse & get all the infomation/bw/scheduling done right off the bat.

Instead I have to wait & schedule more appointments. Each visit in the beginning is a little frustrating as the doctors & nurses are not up to speed on every chart. So they get a bit irritated that I'm 9 weeks, not 7 and haven't been seen by the perinatal nurse or had my first tri bw done. Trying to explain to the receptionist that I need an appointment for 9+ weeks and not 7 weeks is a bit of a hassle as well.

It is what it is though so we happily went to pee in a cup and be told that yep I am in fact pregnant. We got another ultrasound. No matter how many times I see it I will always be amazed at how fast a fetus will grow.

The only concerning part of this visit was my weight gain. At 9 weeks I had already gained half of what I gained with Rileys entire pregnancy. YIKES. No more whiskey cream sauce.

I was still feeling good but did notice that i had to increase my food intake & make different food choices. Small meals often seems to be what works for me. Too much or not enough was making me sick so I had to try and find that perfect balance between full & hungry.

All in all things were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment