HomeAboutLifeMommyhoodRecipesContactFBemail

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Neurology Update

June 11, 2012

I had my neurology consult yesterday and to say the least it was uneventful. I left feeling very discouraged and disappointed.

I had a pretty bad weekend & blacked out again on Friday. Until this point it had always been a build up. My headaches would get worse and worse & I'd get increasingly more uncomfortable & then it would happen. On friday I didn't have a headache all day. I bent down to give Ry a drink and everything went black. I then spent all day Sunday battling a brutal headache and dizziness. Needless to say I was looking for some answers.

He took my blood pressure, looked at my eyes, asked some questions and then said...nothing. Do nothing.

Essentially my blood pressure is on the low end of normal. With being pregnant my blood has an extra stop to make on it's already slow path back to my brain. While it's common to get dizzy with low BP being pregnant it's going to take even longer for the blood to reach my brain when I stand up, which is going to make symptoms more severe.

Sitting is better than standing, laying down is better than sitting, move slow. Essentially, just deal. You have 23 weeks left, Good luck!

In googling there is really very little I can do to raise my BP to a more normal level. Some suggest raising salt intake but lets me honest, my sodium intake is at an embarassingly high level now. There is no way that increasing my salt intake could possibly be healthy for me or the bean.

So I'm trying to take it easy. Move slow. Control the headaches with tylenol as much as possible & keep hydrated. Yesterday sucked, so far today is good.

I have my 18 week OB appointment on Thursday & I'll discuss it further with them. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment